Scotland – Alumni Campus Abroad
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Discover Scotland’s rugged highlands, pastoral lowlands and places in between on this fabulous journey to the homeland of freedom fighters (William Wallace), folk heroes (Rob Roy) and the birthplace of golf. Feast your eyes on colorful seaside towns, fairytale castles and mystical lakes. Walk in the footsteps of Bonnie Prince Charlie and learn the secrets of Scotch whiskey. Whether you take the high road or the low road, there’s much to see and do here.
Tour highlights include:
- Get comfy in Stirling, our home for seven nights and site of magnificent medieval Stirling Castle
- Walk the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, cruise Loch Katrine aboard a restored steamer and venture through The Trossachs National Park
- Head to Perth and tour Scone Palace, the place where Scottish kings were crowned, then learn the secrets of whiskey-making at The Famous Grouse Experience, Scotland’s oldest distillery
- Appreciate the beauty of heather-covered hills in the Highlands, marvel at the Three Sisters Mountains and catch gorgeous views of Loch Ness from famed Urquhart Castle
- Enjoy medieval structures in Old Town Edinburgh and Georgian architecture in the New Town
- Attend a performance of the legendary Edinburgh Military Tattoo, a spectacular show featuring one of the world’s best military bands
- Thrill to a private performance of Highland dance, bagpipe playing and a traditional Haggis ceremony
- Take an excursion to St. Andrews, home of the oldest university in Scotland, the birthplace of golf and what remains of a spectacular 12th-century castle
Scotland is a hypnotic blend of Celtic, Norse and Norman cultures. Experience this amazing tapestry with us!
*Space is also available on a Scotland trip August 13-21, 2012. This trip will be a mixture of alumni travelers from multiple universities.
Single Supplement: $375
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!