University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Treasures of the Mekong Delta
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Discover the lively cities, religious monuments and fascinating cultures of Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Begin your adventure in Ho Chi Minh City, before embarking on a seven-night cruise of the Mekong River to discover the many treasures that line the banks of this tranquil waterway. Siem Reap is your home while you explore the amazing sites of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom. And finally, a fitting end to your adventure is a stay in Luang Pragang where youíll attend a traditional Baci ceremony.
Tour highlights include:
- See the key landmarks of Ho Chi Minh City and visit the Cu Chi Tunnels outside the city
- Relax aboard the deluxe RV Mekong Pandaw and stay in staterooms finished in brass and teak
- Visit the monastery on the island of Cu Lao Gien and see the floating market of Cai Be
- Hop on a cyclo for a tour of Phnom Penh
- Marvel at the famous Buddhist site of Angkor Wat and learn about its fascinating history
- Take a walking tour that showcases the key sights of Luang Prabang
- Travel to the Pak Ou Caves, adorned with Buddhist statues
- Explore the village of Ban Xieng Lek known for its silk textiles and handmade saa paper, made from the bark of the mulberry tree
- Tour the Royal Palace of Luang Pragang, now a museum housing the throne of the Kingdom of Lane Xang and the massive Pra Bang golden statue.
Your tour group is limited to just 28 travelers so donít want delay in booking this incredible and educational adventure to Southeast Asia!
Cabin category prices range from $3,995 - $5995, land/cruise only
Single Supplement: Available upon request
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!