Activity Level: Moderately Active
Bask in the charm of the Emerald Isle, where lush landscapes, breathtaking scenery and friendly people are as plentiful as shamrocks in a field. From Dublin to Galway, Killarney to Kilkenny, castles to churches to pubs and more, pierce the heart and soul of a country with a storied history and exuberant present.
Tour highlights include:
- Begin your Celtic journey in Dublin with a visit to Trinity College, home of the Book of Kells, the famous St. Patrick’s Cathedral and a host of other sights during two days’ stay in the capital city
- Head west to Galway, the region often considered the “most Irish part of Ireland”
- See primitive stone forests, early Christian churches and medieval castles at Inismor, part of the Aran Islands; tour beautiful Kylemore Abbey in Galway’s western region of Connemara
- Enjoy dinner at a local farmhouse outside Killarney
- Visit the ruins of the 15th-century castle in the small town of Blarney, kiss its celebrated stone and shop a selection of Irish crafts at the Blarney Woolen Mills
- Take a walking tour of Kilkenny, including the 12th-century Kilkenny Castle, and marvel at the city’s other buildings, many made from locally quarried black marble
- Before leaving Kilkenny, delight in a trip to the National Stud Farm, the center of Ireland’s horse racing industry
- Consider an optional, four-day extension to Northern Ireland and tour the scenic Antrim Coast as well as the lively capital city, Belfast
No need for leprechauns, lucky charms or four-leaf clovers to enjoy the magic of Ireland. Come see for yourself!
$3,495 land only or $4,395 for group air package from Seattle
Single Supplement: $895
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!