Provincial French Countryside
Activity Level: Moderately Active
There’s nothing like the beauty and charm of France, particularly its provincial regions. Begin in Toulouse and end in Paris and along the way delight in the diversity of Languedoc, the remote Dordogne, the lovely Loire Valley, historic Normandy and enchanting Paris. Oh-la-la, c’est magnifique!
Tour highlights include:
- Discover historic Albi, hometown of post-Impressionist painter Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, and visit an ancient fortress-turned-museum of the artist’s work
- Tour Chateau de Chenonceau, a Renaissance masterpiece considered by many the most romantic of all manor houses (chateau) in chateaux country (Loire Valley)
- Visit Mont-St.-Michel, Normandy’s medieval Gothic abbey built between 1017 and 1521 atop a 264-foot-high rock formation with granite hauled stone by stone from Brittany
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Dordogne River, admiring cliff-top castles, fortified medieval towns and the historical region of Aquitane (remember Eleanor of Aquitane?)
- Tour the D-Day Landing Beaches in Normandy, where Allied forces altered the course of World War II, and visit the famed and moving American Cemetery overlooking Omaha Beach
- Travel to Giverny and visit the colorful home and painterly gardens of artist Claude Monet
- Get acquainted with Paris, the City of Lights, and treat yourself to the magnificence of the Louvre, one of the world’s greatest museums
This small-group tour to one of the world’s most charming places offers something for everyone. Don’t miss out!
$4,095 land only or $4,495 group air package from NY or $4,895 with group air package from Seattle
Single Supplement: $1,195
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!