University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Southern Italy & Sicily
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Say arrivederci to your normal routine and discover the allure of Southern Italy and Sicily, where sun and sea meet incredible scenery, distinctive architecture, vivid history and ancient structures to create a fabulous and unforgettable autumn excursion.
Tour highlights include:
- Take a breathtaking drive along the winding, cliff-top Amalfi Coast between Sorrento and Amalfi
- Take a hydrofoil to the beautiful isle of Capri, a popular resort since Roman times
- Discover Lecce, the “Florence of the South,” where ornate and intricate carving make local buildings a standout, like the exuberantly decorated church of Santa Croce
- Tour ancient ruins at Pompeii, the city buried and frozen in time by volcano eruption in 79 BC and accidentally rediscovered in 1592
- Revel in the cave dwellings of Matera and the 400 or more trulli—conical houses with gray stone roofs—of Alberobello
- Visit Mount Etna, one of the world’s largest active volcanoes, whose frequent eruptions are rarely destructive
- Enjoy lunch at a working Sicilian farmhouse
- Optional four-day extension tour to Rome
Add in sunny Italian hospitality, delectable cuisine and first-class accommodations and you’ve got the best of la dolce vita!
$3,995 land only or $4,695 group air package from Seattle
Single Supplement: Approximately $1,395
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!