University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
China, Tibet & the Yangtze River
April 25 - May 13, 2012
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Cruise the Yangtze River, listen to chanting monks in Tibet, walk on the Great Wall, all of this and much, much more is included as part of this fascinating tour.
Here are just some of the tour highlights:
- Beijing – Visit to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Ride in a rickshaw through Beijing’s ancient “hutongs”
- Taste the local cuisine with a traditional Peking Duck dinner
- Tour the impressive Terra Cotta Warriors’ complex
- See and learn about pandas at the Giant Panda Protection & Research Center
- Visit a local Tibetan family home
- Explore the Potala Palace & stop at the Sera Monastery
- Learn about the incredible Three Gorges Dam project
- Enjoy a Chinese acrobatic show
- Walk amidst the scenic pools and walkways of the 16th-century Yu Yuan Garden
Join us to find out why the combination of China and Tibet is truly an once-in-a-lifetime experience!
March - $4,495 land only and $5,095 with group air from Seattle (add $200 more per person for the April departure)
Single Supplement: $1,595
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!