Activity Level: Moderately Active
Travel to a place where age-old cultures and modern lifestyles coexist. Explore ancient ruins and sacred mosques, imposing kasbahs and lively souks. Discover a fascinating foreign land of imperial cities, vast desert and hospitable people.
Tour highlights include:
- Arrive and depart from storied Casablanca, Morocco’s commercial center and its most cosmopolitan city
- Visit the four ancient capitals, or imperial cities: Rabat, Meknes, Fez and Marrakech
- Watch the sun set over the desert while riding a camel along the beautiful sand dunes at Merzouga on the edge of the Sahara
- Tour six UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the medina (old city) in Fez; the ancient Roman ruins at Volubilis; and uninhabited Ait ben-Haddou, a scenic village in southern Morocco that today is often used for film and fashion shoots
- Share tea with a Berber family and dinner in a private home in Fez
- Follow the ancient and scenic “Route of a Thousand Kasbahs” caravan trail
Start the beginning of your beautiful friendship with Morocco on this small-group tour!
$3,595 land only or $3,995 group air package from NY or $4,495 with group air package from Seattle
Single Supplement: $1,495
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!