Journey Through Vietnam
Additional tours are being offered on the following dates:
January 21 - February 5, 2012 NEW DATE
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Vietnam is a country rich in interesting history, incredible scenery, friendly people, and flavorful cuisine. Experience its wide variety during this two-week encore of this popular UW adventure.
Trip highlights include:
- Hanoi sightseeing includes a visit to Hao Lo Prison ("Hanoi Hilton") and walking the streets of the ancient quarter
- Witness the theatrical skills of the local puppeteers during a water puppet show
- Cruise the waters of Ha Long Bay and its fairy-tale landscape
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of "China Beach" during a two-night stay at a beachfront resort
- Meander the car-free streets of Hoi An, an UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit a local farming village gaining an insight into local culture
- Take an exhilarating walk through Hue’s local market (Dong Ba)
- Cruise by sampan along the Perfume River, followed by a visit to a Buddhist monastery
- Take a floating tour through the floating vegetable market of Cai Rang
- Explore the maze of tributaries and inlets of the Mekong River Delta
- Learn about the turbulent history of Saigon, also known as Ho Chi Minh City
This educational program through Vietnam is limited to 24 travelers.
Optional Extension: A three night optional extension to Angkor Wat and Phnom Penh, Cambodia is also available and highly recommended by previous UW travelers on this trip.
The overall tour was excellent! All the arrangements, tour operator, and guides were outstanding.
William Kenton, ‘48 – UW Vietnam & Cambodia, 2008
Approximately $2,595 land only or $3,295 with group air package from LAX or $3,495 with group air package from Seattle
Single Supplement: Approximately $1,395
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!