Egypt & the Eternal Nile
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Accompanied by UW Professor Donald Reid
Bring your childhood fascination with ancient Egypt to life by discovering the mysteries of the Pharaohs, Great Pyramids and the Sphinx. History books come alive in this comprehensive adventure to a historical land.
Trip highlights include:
- Explore the acclaimed Egyptian Museum
- Cruise from Aswan to Luxor
- Walk through the Valley of the Kings
- Marvel at the incredible statues of Ramses II and Nefertiti at Abu Simbel
- Visit Luxor and its amazing temples, tombs and statues
- Tour the Nubian Museum and visit a Nubian village
- Ride a camel
- Discover the library and catacombs of Alexandria
Throughout this two-week educational program, you are accompanied by an expert Egyptologist who will share their extensive knowledge with you. This tour has sold out for the last four years, so make your reservation soon!
Optional Extension: A four-night optional extension to Petra and Amman; Jordan is also available.
I liked the balance of information and experiences. The chance to meet and visit local people's homes, to walk through the shopping areas, and to experience Egyptian life, all gave me a deep sense of the culture. I came away from this trip feeling I had gotten to know a small part of the life and people of Egypt. It was rewarding.
Susan Austin, UW Egypt 2010
$4,595 with group air from Seattle or $3,995 with group air from New York. (Land only is not available on this trip.)
Single Supplement: Approximately $1,395
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!