Activity Level: Mildly Active
Now accessible to American travelers, Libya and its archaeological treasures remain relatively uncrowded and easy to navigate. Libya’s past and present are revealed on this exciting itinerary.
Trip highlights include:
- Tour the Libya museum in Tripoli for an introduction to the country
- Visit four fascinating UNESCO World Heritage sites: Sabratha, Leptis Magna, Cyrene & Ghadames
- See Libya’s finest examples of Berber architecture in Qasr al-Haj
- Drive into the Sahara to share tea and bread with the local Tuareg people
- Stop in Gharyan to visit the ancient Berber underground homes
- Admire the ancient cave temple at Slontah
- Discover the fine Byzantine mosaics of Qasr Libya
This is truly a fascinating exploration of a country considered to be the ancient crossroads of the Sahara. Join UW Lecturer Jere Bacharach on this small group adventure limited to 24 participants.
$4,695 with group air from Seattle or $4,195 from New York (Land only is not available on this trip.)
Single Supplement: $995
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!