Colonial South...A Celebration of America
Activity Level: Mildly Active
Discover the legacy of the colonial South while visiting sites in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
Trip highlights include:
- Discover Biltmore House, a lavish estate built by the Vanderbilt family
- Explore Charleston on a walking tour through the Historic District
- Drive through the Great Smoky Mountains
- Learn about the Cherokee Nation and visit Oconaluftee, a village featuring traditional dwellings
- Visit the Ashley River colonial plantations
- Get to know Savannah with its distinguished old homes and fine museums
- Hear informative lectures on the culture and history of the region
Come along on this Southern exploration and discover the successes, failures and follies that created the regionís fascinating, complex and sometimes volatile history.
$3,895 plus air
Single Supplement: $850
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!