Rivers of West Africa: Exploring Senegal and the Gambia
Activity Level: Mildly Active
Travel off the beaten path to a little-visited area of Africa and discover the exciting and rewarding cultures, wildlife and histories of Senegal and The Gambia. Learn about the slave trade history of Dakar, the former capital of West Africa, and cruise down the Gambia River while exploring a variety of natural reserves. The diversity of this trip is incredible and well-worth the journey to this unique area of the African continent.
Trip highlights include:
- Visit Dakarís Goree Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the colorful local markets of Tilen and Kermel
- Cruise for seven nights on the Gambia River aboard the MY Pegasus
- Take a game drive into Bandia Nature Reserve to see giraffe, rhino, zebra and more
- See the three eco-systems of BaoBolong Wetland Reserve
- Bush walk through Makasutu Culture Forest
- Journey by boat to the five uninhabited islands of River Gambia National Park
This small group adventure is limited to 20 participants. Join us on this intriguing new itinerary for an incredible educational, travel experience.
Start at $4,790 land only or $5,495 with group air package from Seattle. Cruise cabin upgrades range from $295 - $495.
Single Supplement: $1,495 (VERY limited)
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!