University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
French Alps to Provence
Activity Level: Mildly Active
Experience the beauty and joie de vivre of France's Rhone River valley. From a leisurely cruise on the Rhone River, stopping to wander the small cobble-stoned streets of charming villages, to a stay in the deluxe Imperial Palace Hotel, located on the picturesque Lac d'Annecy, this exploration visits the highlights of Provence and the French Alps.
Trip highlights include:
- Settle in for a five-night stay aboard the deluxe M.S. Rembrandt, cruising from Arles to Chalon sur Saône
- Take walking tours of Arles, Avignon and Old Lyon
- Enjoy a private wine tasting at the medieval castle of Château Montmelas
- Tour the ruins of 10th-century Cluny Abbey, historic center of the monastic culture
- Relax on a cruise on spectacular Lac d’Annecy
- Ride the cable car to the top of l’Aiguille du Midi and have lunch at the summit
Whether you've traveled to France before or you’re a first-time explorer, the combination of a deluxe river cruise and a hotel stay overlooking Lac d'Annecy makes this a not-to-be-missed itinerary.
Prices range from $4,935 - $6,595, depending on cruise category, cruise/land only
Single Supplement: $7,635 or $8,435
Operator: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!