Changing Tides of History
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Donít miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet two historic world leaders. Mikhail Gorbachev, former president of the Soviet Union, will join us for a private reception in St. Petersburg. Lech Walesa, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and former president of Poland, speaks to our group at a private meeting in the Solidarity Hall in the Gdansk Ship Yard.
Trip highlights include:
- Meet former Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev and former President of Poland Lech Walesa in a couple of private meetings
- Cruise the glorious Baltic Sea and Norwegian Fjords
- Explore Helsinki and enjoy a private concert at the Sibelius Academy
- Tour the stately city of St. Petersburg
- Architectural tour of Riga, Latvia
- Make port in Gdansk, Poland, and Copenhagen, Denmark
Cruise in luxury on the M.S. Le Boreal, a small ship making its first voyage in 2010. The vessel blends the deluxe amenities of a larger ship with the elegant charm, personalized service and intimate atmosphere found on smaller ships.
Ship cabin prices range from $7,295 - $13,895, plus air.
Price increases by $1,000 per person after November 29, 2010.
Single Supplement: Ranges from $15,895 - $17,495
Operator: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!