University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Village Life in Dordogne, France
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Stay in the heart of France’s Dordogne River Valley in the family-owned Plaza Madeleine. Discover the cave art of three UNESCO World Heritage sites and follow in the footsteps of medieval pilgrims in Rocamadour. This unique itinerary also features cultural enrichments, fascinating lectures and an exclusive Village Forum.
Trip highlights include:
- Immerse yourself in the storied region of Dordogne while staying at the family-owned Plaza Madeleine in the heart of Sarlat-la-Canéda
- Wind your way through the medieval streets of Rocamadour and admire the breathtaking beauty of the Gardens of Eyrignac
- See prehistoric cave art at the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Rouffignac, Lascaux II and Cap Blanc, and visit the fascinating troglodyte village of La Madeleine
- Sail along the scenic Dordogne River in the shadow of the fortress of Castelnaud aboard a traditional gabare.
- Attend a special Village Forum led by a local resident, and enjoy a special lecture on medieval architecture preservation
Two-night Bordeaux Pre-Program Option explores the essence of this UNESCO World Heritage site, one of France’s most famous wine regions. This educational program is limited to 45 travelers.
$3,430 (includes taxes at $295) plus air
Price increases by $300 per person after February 15, 2011.
Single Supplement: $600
Operator: Gohagan & Company
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!