University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Chianti & Italian Riviera – Alumni Campus Abroad
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Combine two fabulous areas of Italy—the romance and history of the Tuscan hills, with the coastal villages and architectural treasures of the Italian Riviera. Enjoy a stay in a charming villa and a hilltop hotel, each providing a different taste of Italian life.
Trip highlights include:
- Travel the Chianti Road to the hill town of Castellina
- Immerse yourself in the culture of Florence
- Learn about winemaking and enjoy a tasting at Castello di Monsanto
- Visit the picturesque towns of Santa Margherita and Portofino
- Discover the secrets of Tuscan cuisine during a private cooking demonstration
- Take a train ride to Riomaggiore and visit the Cinque Terre
- Watch a demonstration by a local sculptor in Carrara
The alumni campus abroad experience brings together interesting lectures by local experts, exciting daily excursions and the sampling of authentic regional meals.
The entire tour was very enjoyable and very well organized. This tour was an excellent introduction to Tuscany with excellent food, tours, historical review, and opportunities to view the art work.
David, '67, and Kathi Eckert—UW Chianti Alumni Campus Abroad, 2008
$2,795 land only (plus VAT of $125)
Single Supplement: $325
Operator: Alumni Holidays
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!