Rome: An Insiderís Perspective
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Once the center of a vast empire, Rome today is the historic, artistic and cultural heart of Italy. This program mixes planned excursions and free time, giving you the opportunity to discover the "Eternal City" at your own pace.
Trip highlights include:
- Settle in for seven nights at the elegant Hotel Victoria, located across from the Villa Borghese Gardens
- Enjoy lectures on renaissance art, Italian food and wine, and Roman history
- Tour St. Peterís Basilica, Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- Visit a local winery for a tour and wine-tasting
- Stroll the magical streets of Cortona
- Admire the magnificent Cathedral of Orvieto
- Take an early morning stroll to Romeís marketplace Ė Campo dei Fiori
- Walk through the catacombs of San Callisto and San Sebastiano
Rome has so many incredible treasures and must-see sights that itís a destination to return to time and again. We know youíll enjoy an amazing week in this marvelous city with us!
$2,495, plus air. (VAT of $125 is not included.)
Price increases by $250 per person after December 7, 2010
Single Supplement: $695
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!