University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Pre-Hispanic Art, Missions & Wildlife of the Sea of Cortez
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Join this expedition over land and sea to discover the historical treasures of the Baja Peninsula with the marine rich waters of the Sea of Cortez.
Trip highlights include:
- Explore the Sea of Cortez and its many uninhabited islands
- Search for whales in the waters of Isla Carmen
- Swim and snorkel off the cliffs of Islas Los Islotes and Espiritu Santo
- Spend two nights in Loreto and learn about the regionís history
- Visit Mulege and see rock art dating back to the Neolithic period
The desert islands of the Sea of Cortez are home to an abundance of animal and plant life, including arrays of enormous cacti. Combine this natural world with the fascinating history of Loreto and Mulege for a unique trip exploring the Baja Peninsula.
Ship cabin prices range from $3,480 - $4,490, plus air
Price increases by $500 per person after October 30, 2010
Single Supplement: $5,470 or $6,190
Operator: Lindblad Expeditions
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!