Germany’s Holiday Markets
Activity Level: Mildly Active
Recapture the magic of the holidays and step into scenes that glitter with fairy-tale charm. Explore the mazes of wooden booths decorated with fragrant pine boughs while the smell of roasted chestnuts and spicy gingerbread fills the air and tickles your senses.
Trip highlights include:
- Visit Cologne’s world-famous cathedral during a walking tour of this enchanting city
- Listen to a Christmas music concert by the children’s choir in Aschaffenburg
- Walk along the quiet cobbled lanes of Wertheim, stopping to visit the Gothic Stiftskirche (Protestant church) and other sites
- Relish a traditional German holiday dinner at a local Bamberg restaurant
- Explore Nuremberg’s renowned hilltop castle, followed by a stroll through the center of town to see the famous Schoener Brunnen fountain.
- Learn about Germany’s holiday traditions through lectures by local experts
- Cruise along the charming banks of the Rhine and Main Rivers and through the Main/Danube/Canal
Plus, you’ll have plenty of free time to explore a variety of Germany’s famed Christkindlmarkts to hunt for holiday treasures to bring home.
Cruise cabin prices range from $2,320 - $3,020
Price increases by $250 per person after Oct. 5, 2010
Single Supplement: $750
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!