University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Activity Level: Mildly Active
NOTE: This trip is being repeated next year on October 10 – 24, 2012.
Go "on safari" in Botswana and Zambia, discovering unspoiled game preserves where an abundance of wildlife awaits you!
Trip highlights include:
- Listen to the thunder of spectacular Victoria Falls
- Cruise the Zambezi River at sunset
- Attend an evening "Boma" and watch a traditional dance performance
- Enjoy early morning game drives and evening boat safaris
- Visit a local indigenous settlement in Zambia
- Take a “lion walk” in the Victoria Falls Private Game Reserve
- Stay in remove Lower Zambezi National Park, one of Africa’s last pristine wildernesses
- Spend three nights at the intimate Zambezi Royal Lodge
With no paved roads and extremely limited access, Lower Zambezi National Park is truly a wilderness to explore. Created in 1983, it's Zambia’s newest reserve and its least developed—making it the perfect destination for a four-night stay for wonderful game-viewing and relaxation.
$5,995 land only, $6,495 from JFK or Dulles, or $6,995 with group air from Seattle
Single Supplement: $1,195
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!