University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Classic China & the Yangtze River
Additional tours are being offered on the following dates:
April 27 - May 10, 2011
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Comprehensive in scope yet briefer in duration than many China tours, this relaxed, well-paced journey combines monumental Beijing, a cruise on the fabled Yangtze, fascinating Xian and cosmopolitan Shanghai.
Trip highlights include:
- Beijing – Visit to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Walk the Mu-Tian Yu, a less crowded section of the 2,480 mile Great Wall
- Be astonished by the hand-carved Terra Cotta Army of Xian
- Savor traditional meals of Peking Duck and Chinese dumplings
- Embark on a three-night cruise on the Yangtze River to the Three Gorges Dam
- Attend a Chinese acrobatics show
- Visit Shanghai’s Children Palace where local children study traditional art forms
- Tour the acclaimed Shanghai Museum of ancient Chinese art
Much, much more is available on this exciting tour program to China! With a maximum size of 24 travelers, you’ll want to reserve your spot today.
Optional Extension: A three night optional extension to Hong Kong is also available.
I would go again! It was a great introduction to China including the big destinations I always wanted to see. The loveliest surprise was the morning in the park with all the Chinese people dancing, exercising and playing games and instruments. I could have stayed for hours.Riana Haslund, ‘69 – UW China, Tibet & the Yangtze, 2009
$2,695 land only or $3,395 with group air package from Seattle
Single Supplement: Approximately $995
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!