Machu Picchu to Galapagos
Additional tours are being offered on the following dates:
April 12 - April 26, 2011
Activity Level: Moderately Active
The mystery of Machu Picchu and the magic of the Galapagos Islands are combined into one fabulous trip! First, learn about the discovery of the ancient Incan ruins tucked up in the lush mountains of Peru and hear the theories that abound about the purpose and meaning of the ruins. Then, walk amongst sea lions, iguanas, blue-footed boobies and other wildlife on the various islands of the Galapagos archipelago.
Trip highlights include:
- Learn about pre-Hispanic ceramics while visiting Limaís Rafael Larco Herrera Museum.
- Spend two nights in Pisac, in the visually stunning Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Visit the villages of Chincheros and Maras glimpsing Peruvian daily life
- Take two guided tours through the ruins of Machu Picchu; including an early morning visit just after the park opens
- Explore Cuzco and have lunch in local Peruvian home
- Cruise the Galapagos Islands for four nights aboard the intimate 20-passenger M/Y Coral II
- Snorkel amongst sea lions, sea turtles or penguins in the waters of Bartolome Island
- Enjoy naturalist-guided island walks, hearing about the local plant and animal life unique to each island
Donít miss this opportunity to experience two must-see destinations in one wondrous journey!
Optional Extension: A four night optional extension to the Amazon Rainforest is also available.
From $6,495 with group air package from Seattle or from $5,995 with air package from Miami (A land only package is not available on this tour)
Single Supplement: Approximately $2,895
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!