University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Additional tours are being offered on the following dates:
February 3 - February 14, 2011 Waitlist Only
Activity Level: Moderately Active
From cloud forest to rain forest; from Central Valley to Pacific Coast, the small Central American democracy of Costa Rica holds a variety of treasures to discover.
Trip highlights include:
- Tour a coffee plantation, learning about this important export
- Excited children greet you at a visit to a local elementary school
- Walk the trails of the Luna Nueva rain forest reserve
- Learn about medicinal plants at the Sacred Seed Sanctuary
- Take a float safari on the Tempisque River
- Visit a hummingbird gallery and bat jungle
- Relax on a pristine white-sand beach
- Snorkel, kayak, sail or diving outside of Guancaste
Enjoy the bio-diversity of Costa Rica on a relaxed yet comprehensive exploration of this wonderful country. With a maximum size of 18 travelers, you’ll want to reserve your spot soon!
Optional Extension: A three night optional extension to Tortuguero National Park is also available.
$2,395 land only or $2,995 with group air package from Seattle
Single Supplement: $895
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!