Links & Resources
General Travel Information
- CIA World Handbook
Find maps, country profiles, history and more using this vast resource. Learn more.
- Local Times & Dates
Traveling to another country? Use this site to learn fun and interesting facts about your destination. How many people live there? How is the country governed? What is the main source of economy? Learn more.
- International Telephone Codes
Trying to call Australia, Botswana or Thailand? Use this resource to ensure you include all the necessary telephone codes. Learn more.
- International Voltage/Plug Adaptors
So you've invested in a set of international plug adaptors, but do you need to bring them all on your trip or can you just bring the adaptors for the one country you're visiting? Learn more.
- Foreign Language Travel Phrases
Practice a bit of the local dialect by checking this site for the most common words and phrases travelers need to get by in a new destination. Learn more.
- International Etiquette
Should you shake hands, kiss on both cheeks or bow your head? Learn the local customs and etiquette for your upcoming trip. Learn more.
- Packing & Luggage Advice
Learn the art and science of packing light from this fun and detailed site. Learn more.
- Visa & Passport Service Trying to find out if a visa is required for your trip or where to apply for one? G3visas, owned and operated by UW alum Christopher Davis, has five locations nationwide and is a leader in providing visas, passport and document authentications for business and pleasure travel. Learn more.
- UW Rome Center - Apartment for Rent Did you know that as a UW affiliated, you have access to a fabulous penthouse apartment in Rome, located in the heart of the historic center? Learn more.
- Travel Insurance
Since 1991, the UW Alumni Association has offered travel insurance for UW alumni and friends through USI Travel Insurance Services. Group rates are available along with trip cancellation and international medical coverage. Learn more.
Medical & Immunizations
- UW Travel Medicine ServiceTravel medicine providers are trained to aid patients in the prevention and management of health problems related to international travel. Services include a comprehensive travel destination-specific risk assessment, appropriate preventive medicine interventions, including vaccinations, and patient education in risk and risk reduction. Learn more.
- Tips for Staying Healthy
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hosts Traveler's Health, which lists information on specific destinations, including what you should know before you go, information on outbreaks and vaccinations and tips for staying healthy overseas. Learn more.
Official Travel Information