Suggested Reading: 2013 Winter Lecture Series
Thank you for attending this year's four-part Winter Lecture Series, "The Good, Bad, & Catastrophic: Lessons from Global & Mideast Crises." If you are looking for further reading on this controversial topic, we invite you to take a look at these books, chosen by the speakers.
- David Formkin: A Peace to End All Peace, 20th Anniversary Edition: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East. Henry Holt and Company, New York (2009)
- James Gelvin: The Arab Uprisings: What Everyone Needs to Know. Oxford University Press (2012)
- Bruce Lawrence: The Qur’an: A Biography. Atlantic Monthly Press (2006)
- Matthew Levitt: Hamas: Politics, Charity, and Terrorism in the Service of Jihad. The Washington Institute for Near East Policy (2006)
- Roger Owen: The Rise and Fall of Arab Presidents for Life. Harvard University Press (2012)
Register for the rest of the series if you haven't done so already:
If you enjoy this series, check out our list of lifetime learning opportunities, including lectures on art, science, politics, history, and more.