Alumni Directory Help
- What is the Online Alumni Directory?
The Online Alumni Directory is a searchable database of all University of Washington alumni. The directory is presented by the University of Washington Alumni Association.
All degreed alumni of UW are in the directory, including deceased alumni and alumni with whom we've lost contact. At this time, former students of UW (those who have taken at least 3 credit hours but who did not graduate and who are not members of UWAA) are not in the directory.
Everyone who is a subject of an entry in this directory can access his or her own record and update the information, as well as choose to opt-in or opt-out of displaying all or portions of the information.
Only members of the UW Alumni Association can search the directory for others.
- How do I access the Online Alumni Directory?
o To request access to the Online Alumni Directory, please email email@example.com and include your NetID and member number. Please allow up to 1 week to process your request. As soon as the process has been completed, you will receive an email confirmation and will have access to the directory. If you donít have a UW NetID, get one today. Please allow 24 hours after your receive your UW NetID before trying to log onto the Online Alumni Directory.
Note: To be able to update your own record or search for others in the Online Alumni Directory, you must log on with your UW NetID. Look here for alternative ways to submit address updates to UW.
- How do I search?
Only members of the UW Alumni Association can search for others in the Online Alumni Directory. If you are not a member, you can join today.
There are two ways to search the directory: a basic search and an advanced search that allows you to specify a broad range of terms. Use the basic search when you are pretty certain you know specifically whom you are looking for. Use the advanced search when you are less certain what the result of your search might be, or want to search on ranges of information (class years, geographic locations, etc.).Search Limitations
- You must specify a last name in your search.
- You can search the directory a maximum of 25 times per day.
- A maximum of 60 people will be included in a search result. If you search on a common term (i.e. last name = "Smith"), your search result will be enormous and it is unlikely you will find who you are looking for. Narrow your search and reduce the size of the search result by specifying more terms.
- The Online Alumni Directory is for individual communication of a personal nature between University of Washington alumni. Use of this directory for any other purpose is strictly prohibited.
- The more search terms you specify in a search, the longer your search will take to execute. To increase the speed of your search, specify fewer terms.
- All searches automatically use a "sounds like" comparison. For example, if you type "sm" in the last name field, your search result will include the first 60 of all records in which the last name starts with "Sm" (Smith, Smote, etc.).
- Some alumni, upon their request, have been removed from the Online Alumni Directory. If you search the directory and receive no results, the alumnus you are searching for may have requested his or her information be withheld.
- What is Husky Career Network?
Like the Alumni Directory, Husky Career Network is an offering of UWAA Online Services. It is a Web-based networking resource for career information and exploration. Husky Career Network encompasses a nationwide network of more than 3000 UW alumni and friends of the University who have volunteered to support the career development of their fellow Huskies.
- How can I receive networking assistance?
Current UWAA members are eligible to use Husky Career Network. It is a great tool for members looking to expand their network in their current field Ė as well as those considering a career change and seeking contacts in other fields. Like the Alumni Directory, access to Husky Career Network must be requested by contacting the UWAA at firstname.lastname@example.org. It also requires a NetID, which is your personal lifelong identification for using UW and UWAA online resources. All UW alumni and UWAA members are eligible to obtain a UW NetID.
- How can I serve as a networking resource for UW students and alumni?
All alumni and friends of the University are invited to become Husky Career Network contacts. Contacts share information with UW students and alumni about their field and geographical area—and in some cases offer job search tips, networking referrals or job leads. It's easy to register and to set limits as to how often, and by what means, you might be contacted. For what typically will require no more than 10-15 minutes of your time per month, you can make a meaningful contribution to the career aspirations of current students and your fellow alums.
- How is my privacy protected?
Protection of the privacy of UW alumni and UW Alumni Association members is of paramount importance to UWAA and UW. The Online Alumni Directory is designed specifically to permit UWAA members to find their friends while discouraging abuse and misuse of the directory and its data.
Online directory features that help protect your privacy:
- Limit on the number of searches that can be performed by an individual in a day (25)
- Limit on the number of entries provided in a search result (60)
- Only UWAA members can search the directory for others
- Directory subjects can opt-in/opt-out some or all of their data and can be removed completely from the directory
- Personal contact details are only visible to UWAA members when "drilling down" on an individual name