Can Radiation from Cell Phones Damage DNA in Our Brains? When One UW Researcher Found Disturbing Data, Funding Became Tight and One Industry Leader Threatened Legal Action
By Rob Harrill
Inside the Wave - Web exclusive on more cell phone radiation research
Reviving the UW Football Program Is Going to Be a Challenge for New Husky Coach Tyrone Willingham–But His Life Story Proves He Is Ready for the Job.
By Scott Holter
Can Graduates of the UW's Prestigious Acting Program Find Fulfillment Away From the Footlights? Four PATP Alumni Share Their Stories
By Peter Kelley
The State Needs 33,000 More Spaces for College Students by 2009. To Help Solve the Problem, the UW Must Transform Its Campuses in Tacoma and Bothell
By Tom Griffin
- UW Oceanographer Awarded $4 Million to Study Phytoplankton. Oceanography Professor E. Virginia Armbrust will receive $4.1 million from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- Forum on Possible Biocontainment Laboratory Lab Held March 1 A new method of space travel could dramatically cut the time it takes to reach Mars.
- UW Hopes to Make ‘Significant Progress’ During State Budget Session. Lawmakers and higher education officials are watching for two important milestones as the state Legislature meets.
- Trial Begins in Former Coach’s Lawsuit Against the UW, NCAA. Neuheisel is suing over breach of contact following his termination by the UW in June 2003.
- Painful Data: Migraine Patients More Prone to Have a Stroke. Migraine sufferers are twice as likely to experience a stroke.
- UW in Top Ten for Royalties and Patents. A survey by the Association of University Technology Managers puts UW in the top 10.
- Genetics Pioneer Donates Millions to Student Fellowships. The philanthropy of Genome Sciences and Biology Professor Benjamin D. Hall and his wife, is creating future support for graduate students
- Milestones. Updates, Appointments, and Honors.
- Larry Gossett
Larry Gossett, '71, appears to be Region's 10 first and last representative.
- Honoring Alumni
UW will be honoring four alums who embody a commitment to lifetime learning.
- George Benson, 1919 - 2004
Former Seattle City Councilmember and UW graduate passed away in October.
- Bob Moch, 1914 - 2005
Former UW Alumni Association President and gold medalist died in late January.
- Washington Weekend: The Best of Seattle, Tacoma and Bothell on View in April
- Make a Difference. UWAA Launches New Program to Support Higher Education
- Higher Ed Day. Alumni Visit Lawmakers; Honor Former UW VP
- UWAA Clubs and Chapters
- UWAA Events Calendar
- UW Alumni Association Board of Trustees
- How to Join the UW Alumni Association
Charles Johnson appears at the University Book Store April 22