From Lever House to the White House, From Fallingwater to the Louvre, Jack Lenor Larsen's Fabrics Have Graced the World's Most Inspiring Spaces.
By Katie Baker
To Baghdad and Back
Conducting Elections in Iraq Was Deadly Business, Says the UW Alumnus in Charge of Baghdad Security, but Its Outcome Is Changing the U.S. Military, Iraq, and the Middle East.
By Tom Griffin
War Stories: Huskies in Iraq
Read this on-going web exclusive about Huskies serving in Iraq.
A League of Their Own
A Tradition for 35 Years, the University of Washington Recognizes Seven Top Professors With Its Distinguished Teaching Award. Also Honored Are TAs, Faculty, Staff and Volunteers for Their Service to the UW and the Community.
Photos By Mary Levin
- Departments Honored With Brotman Awards. Established in 1998, the awards go to programs, departments and groups that excel in the promotion of undergraduate learning.
- UW, NCAA Settle Lawsuit Over Neuheisel Firing. A settlement was reached between the University of Washington and the NCAA and former Football Coach Rick Neuheisel.
- Antibiotics Flop as Possible Heart Disease Treatment.Antibiotics Flop as Possible Heart Disease Treatment. Taking antibiotics weekly for a year does not reduce the risk of a heart attack for patients with stable coronary artery disease.
- State Support Grows: “We Have Finally Stopped the Bleeding”. For the first time, the University of Washington is in better shape coming out of a legislative budget session than it was going in.
- UW Students Win National, International Awards and Competitions on Unprecedented Scale.
- UW Has No. 1 Medical School, Many Programs Rise in Rankings.
- Milestones. Updates, Appointments, and Honors.
- Family Traditions: John Behnke Follows Brother's Path in Volunteering
- War's End: UW Celebrates WWII Anniversary with Lectures, Memorials
- Husky Summer Weekend. UW alums will be coming together for fellowship and celebration
- UWAA Clubs and Chapters
- UWAA Events Calendar
- UW Alumni Association Board of Trustees
- How to Join the UW Alumni Association
Images from Thad Koza's new book Tall Ships: A Fleet for the 21st Century runs through July 9 at Odegaard Library and UWT Library