- Sept. 26-27 Danz Lecture Series featuring Gro Harlem Brundtland, Special Envoy on Climate Change for United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. Kane Hall.
- Nov. 1 Danz Lecture Series featuring Ret. Army Gen. Barry McCaffrey, former U.S. Drug Czar, news commentator, and business consultant. Kane Hall.
- Nov. 4 “W” Day—A celebration inviting UW alumni and friends near and far to participate in the 150th. From wearing purple to submitting memories to the UW timeline, rallying on campus or enjoying discounts from popular UW partners, everyone in the UW family, regardless of location, can participate in this Husky Pride event. More details will be posted on the UW’s Facebook page (facebook.com/uw) and Twitter feed (@uw).
- Feb. 1, 2012 Walker-Ames Lecture featuring Jonathan Foley, Director of the Institute on the Environment, and McKnight Presidential Chair in Ecology, Evolution and Behavior at the University of Minnesota. Kane 120.
- Feb. 7, 2012 Walker-Ames Lecture featuring Russell Berman, Professor of German Studies and Comparative Literature, Walter A. Haas Professor in the Humanities at Stanford University, and a Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution. Kane 120.
- April 11, 2012 Mangel’s Lecture featuring Juan Enriquez, Founding Director of the Life Sciences Project at Harvard Business School and a Fellow at Harvard’s Center for International Affairs. Kane 130.
- April 17, 2012 Danz Lecture Series featuring Chris Lintott, English astrophysicist, Director of Citizen Science at the Adler Planetarium, co-presenter of Patrick Moore’s BBC series The Sky at Night and a co-author of the book Bang!—The Complete History of the Universe with Patrick Moore and Queen guitarist Brian May. Kane 130
- April 18–21, 2012 HuskyFest—A multi-day festival that includes open houses, arts activities, athletics events, food stations, vendor booths and more.
- May 4, 2012 Timeless Awards—The College of Arts & Sciences will honor 150 distinguished alumni of the College as well as graduates of the Class of 2012. The celebration will also provide guests the opportunity to reminisce about their own experience as a UW student. Contact Chelsea Hixon at email@example.com for more information. For more information on the 150th celebration, go to uw.edu/150
Columns Digital Magazine
The UW Alumni Association is proud to announce that Columns is now available as an interactive digital magazine. It's presented using the Issuu viewer so you can browse through it just as you would the printed version. You can zoom in, print pages or share articles by e-mail.
Just click the "Digital magazine" link next to the cover image to start browsing.
Need a little more help? Gets some tips for using the Issuu viewer.