View the entire UWAA calendar at UWalum.com/events.
Homecoming’s running start: Dawg Dash!
Bring your friends and family and kick off an extra special UW Homecoming week with the 26th Annual Dawg Dash presented by T-Mobile.
What better way to celebrate the UW’s 150th anniversary than by joining the UW community in raising money for student scholarship programs.
Join the 10K run or 5K walk/run through UW’s picturesque campus. Don’t miss the chance to run the track inside Husky Stadium one last time. There will also be a free Husky Pups Run for kids. Dogs are welcome.
When: Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011 at 9:30 a.m.
Where: Husky Stadium
Cost: UWAA members: $25 ($35 on race day)
Students: $20 ($30 on race day)
General: $30 ($40 on race day)
Take the trip you’ve always dreamed of. See the world with fellow Huskies. Friends and family welcome, too!
- South India, Jan. 11-26, 2012
- China, Tibet & the Yangtze River, March 21-April 8, 2012 and April 25-May 13, 2012
- Machu Picchu & Galapagos Islands, Feb. 21-March 6, 2012 and May 15-29, 2012
Find the complete 2012 tour schedule at UWalum.com/tours.
In the Northwest
Come back to campus, connect with fellow Huskies and have a blast.
- Anne Gould Hauberg Artist Images Series, Oct. 6, Odegaard Library
- College of Engineering Fall Lecture Series
Join us for three fascinating lectures showcasing
the work of UW engineers and alumni.
Details at http://www.engr.uw.edu
- History Lecture Series
Revenge and Reconciliation in Modern Ireland
Lectures: Jan. 17: – Maimed at the Start? The Origins of Unrest in Modern Ireland
Jan. 24: – A Terrible Beauty: Physical Sacrifice and Irish Nationhood
Jan. 31: – Peace Versus Forgiveness in Northern Ireland Today
See more at UWalum.com/events.
Get together with fellow Huskies outside of the Emerald City for some camaraderie and learning.
- Portland Lunch & Learn - Sept. 14
Multnomah Athletic Club
- Dawgs on Wall Street – Oct. 20
The Racquet & Tennis Club, New York City
- Football Viewing Parties
Join fellow Huskies in your area to watch televised games. Current locations include: New York, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Orange County, Portland, Bay Area, San Diego, Denver, Spokane, Houston, Reno, Dallas/Fort Worth, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Hawaii, Chicago, San Antonio and Tri-Cities.
Each fall, excitement is in the air as students head back to class and alumni return to their alma mater. Don’t miss 2011 Homecoming
celebrations, including these highlights.
For more Homecoming information, visit UWalum.com/cheer
- 26th Annual Dawg Dash – Oct. 23
Presented by T-Mobile
- Spencer G. Shaw Lecture Series – Oct. 27
- Class of 1961 Husky Stadium Tour – Oct. 28
- Class of 1961 Reunion Dinner – Oct. 28
Washington Commons, UW Tower
- Homecoming Football Game – Oct. 29
Huskies vs. Arizona, Husky Stadium
- Purple & Gold Society Luncheon – Oct. 30
- Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity’s “The Weekend”
Celebrate Homecoming with the UW’s Office
of Minority Affairs & Diversity and other
- Multicultural Alumni Partnership Breakfast – Oct. 29
- Tailgate and Homecoming Game – Oct. 29
Join the official OMA&D tailgate and
sit together for the game.
The Zone, Husky Stadium
Washington Warm Ups
Join the official UW tailgate
party before these Husky
football road games.
- At Nebraska – Sept. 17
- At Utah – Oct. 1
- At Stanford – Oct. 22
- At USC – Nov. 12
- At Oregon State – Nov. 19
Register today at UWalum.com/cheer.