University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Alumnus Summa Laude Dignatus Award
"The Alumnus Summa Laude Dignatus Award is designated for an outstanding alumnus or alumna, distinguished for service and achievement over a period of years since graduation from the University of Washington. It is emphasized that this award is not based on the individual's work for the preceding year, but rather on his or her lifetime record."
Specific criteria include:
1. Definition of an alumnus:
- A former student who received a Bachelor's Degree, a former student who received a graduate degree after not less than two years of resident study, or a former student who, in the opinion of the selection committee, is qualified for the honor.
2. National or international stature.
- What has your nominee accomplished to gain national or international stature?
- How have your nominee's colleagues recognized the accomplishments?
- How many people has your nominee's accomplishments impacted?
- How wide is the impact nationally or internationally?
3. National recognition.
- How well known is your nominee to the general public?
- How have your nominee's accomplishments made news?
- What is the quality and quantity of evidence of national recognition?
- Will your nominee's selection bring national recognition to the UW?
4. Support to the University of Washington.
- Has your nominee demonstrated a continuity of interest in some form toward the UW?
- What has your nominee done to enhance the prestige of his/her school, college, or department?
5. Award recipient should be able to come to the University to receive the recognition (June 2014).
6. No current faculty members or regents will be considered.