- "Procedural Safeguards for Promotion, Merit-Based Salary, and Tenure Considerations," revised April 16, 2013 (Faculty Code, Chapter 24, Section 24-57)
- "Tenure of the Faculty," multiple sections revised April 16, 2013 (Faculty Code, Chapter 25)
- "Payment of Moving Expenses Incurred by New or Transferred Employees," revised April 10, 2013 (Administrative Policy Statement 34.1)
- "Governing Access to Public Records," amended March 22, 2013 (Chapter 478–276 WAC)
- "University Health and Safety Programs: Policy and Responsibilities," revised March 8, 2013 (Executive Order No. 55)
- "The University Ombud," revised February 22, 2013 (Executive Order No. 18)
- "Rules for the University of Washington, Seattle Campus Residence Halls, Single Student and Family Housing Apartments," amended February 15, 2013 (Chapter 478–156 WAC)
- "Business and Financial Affairs," revised February 8, 2013 (Administrative Order No. 1)
- "University Organization Chart," revised January 18, 2013 (Administrative Policy Statement 1.1)
- "University Wide Leadership List," revised December 5, 2012 (Administrative Policy Statement 1.2)
- "Independent Contractor Policy," revised November 9, 2012 (Administrative Policy Statement 32.3)
Contact the UW Rules Coordination Office for more information on these materials.
The UW's Rules Coordination Office oversees the University's rule-making process, including the review, creation, amendment, and repeal of the UW's Washington Administrative Code rules (Title 478 WAC). In carrying out this function, the office works with the UW unit promulgating the rule, the Attorney General's Office, and the Office of the Board of Regents for final adoption. In addition, the office maintains the UW rule-making docket; plans and facilitates public hearings; produces the required legal notices for the press; and publishes the WAC chapters in the UW Policy Directory.
The Rules Coordination Office also coordinates policy codification, reviews and approvals, and publication of the Administrative Policy Statements, the Board of Regents Governance, Presidential Orders, the Faculty Code and Governance, and the Student Governance and Policies. The office assists in the development, review, and maintenance of these orders and policies for the University, and serves as a consultant to the University's administration and departments for documentation of University-wide policies and rules.
Rebecca Goodwin Deardorff
Director of Rules Coordination
E-mail | 206-543-9219
Web Information Specialist
E-mail | 206-543-9199