New Employee Orientation
Employee Support Services
Occasionally, personal, family or job difficulties can present challenges for employees. Sometimes a little guidance or information can help to quickly resolve an otherwise difficult problem.
The University offers resources for getting help in resolving problems that may be affecting an employee's work life.
- UW CareLink
- UW CareLink, our faculty and staff assistance program, is brought to you by APS Healthcare, a leading provider of programs that help employees make the most out of their personal and professional lives. UW CareLink offers a wide range of services to help you manage different stages of life, develop a healthy lifestyle, create a quality work environment, and save time by providing easy access to trusted experts, including counselors, attorneys, financial advisors, and child and adult/elder care consultants.
- UW CareLink can help you take control of and develop solutions to the challenges in your life by providing professional and confidential support for stress, work-related problems, family and parenting concerns, relationship issues, finding quality child or adult/elder care, drug and alcohol problems, grief and depression, and legal and financial concerns.
- The Ombudsman acts as a source of information and assistance to all members of the University community concerning University-related academic and non-academic rules, regulations, and procedures. The Ombudsman receives complaints regarding alleged inequities and brings the complaint to the attention of the appropriate University official.
- HR Service Team
- Each department has an assigned HR Service Team consisting of an Employment Specialist and Human Resources Consultant. Your service team can answer questions about University policy and procedure, and can help provide information about or assist with resolving workplace concerns.
- UW Women's Center
- The University of Washington Women's Center is a vital place where women and men partner to build a culture of social justice, equity, and non-violence, domestically and globally.