New Employee Orientation
UW Administration & Accountability
- Board of Regents - The Board has authority for and oversees the operation of the UW. Its members,appointed by the governor, establish major policies and programs, and review administrative matters
- President - Michael Young
- Provost & Executive Vice President - Ana Mari Cauce
- Chancellor of UW Bothell - Bjong Wolf Yeigh
- Chancellor of UW Tacoma - Kenyon S. Chan
University of Washington is a state institution which means:
- We are accountable to tax payers for how we use our resources.
- The state legislature provides funding and establishes laws that govern the operation of the UW.
- We operate on a biennium (2 year) budget basis.
- The University's budget comes from the state, from federal funding, and from other public and private sources.
- Some departments are 100% state funded and some have no state funding.
- Any funds the UW receives are subject to Washington State fiscal regulations.