Professional Staff Temporary Appointment
Post Offer – Upper Campus & Health Sciences
If you are a hiring manager with Upper Campus or Health Sciences, your employment specialist (ES) will send a new hire confirmation/OPUS approval email to you when the temporary/hourly appointment is reviewed and approved. This will include a review of the candidate’s qualifications and meeting the minimum requirements for the position. This email will contain the information required for OPUS entry of the new appointment.
Complete the Appointment Activity
Complete the professional staff temporary appointment by following the steps below:
- Enter new employee into OPUS, copying the HR temporary hire confirmation into the Notes section of the appointment.
- Save all recruitment materials according to the records retention schedule.
- Review your action items on the New employee checklist - (pdf)
Update Candidates Not Selected
If you filled this position via recruitment you will need to update candidates that were not selected.
This process is done electronically within UWHIRES so candidates can check their statuses themselves. Follow these steps to update candidates not selected:
- Log in to UWHIRES.
- In the Requisition view, scroll down to the "Candidates" tab.
- To update individual candidates:
- Click on the "Add Activity" link next to the candidate's name that you want to update. This will open the "Add Activity" screen.
- Select the appropriate final disposition code from the "Activity Type" drop-down menu for the stage in which the candidate fell out of consideration. By adding this information, candidates can view their status for your position in their UW applicant profile. Candidates will only see "Not Selected," regardless of what disposition code you choose.
- To update all candidates:
- Select all candidates you wish to change status on by clicking the box to the left of their name.
- At the top of the "Candidates" tab, select the appropriate disposition code from the drop-down menu for the stage in which the candidates fell out of consideration.
- Click "Go."
Note: On your hiring manager workbench, if you have filled requisitions on which candidates have not yet been dispositioned, you will see a tab indicating such. From this tab, you are able to go into a requisition and move candidates into their final disposition status.
Some temporary positions are benefits eligible. Learn more.
Appt. Hiring Topics
Need help with UWHIRES? Call or email our help desk at 206-543-2544.