Hiring Classified Staff
Your employment specialist will review resumes against all requirements, review qualified applicants for eligibility, and then place candidates on your hiring manager workbench in UWHIRES. The resumes are then available for you to review. Depending on employment program, your employment specialist will refer applications at various times. Consult with your employment specialist to discuss a timeline of candidate resume referrals.
- If a job has a closing date, resumes will generally be available after the posted closing date.
- For positions that are open until filled, resumes may be available as soon as they are submitted and reviewed.
To view the candidates’ resumes:
- Open the Manager Workbench and locate the requisition under the "Requisitions" tab.
- Click on the payroll title.
- Scroll down to the "Candidates" tab in the requisition. Click on the candidate's name to display their candidate profile and resume.
- As you review each candidate indicate the disposition(s) that apply to the applicant's most recent status change to track and document their status in the hiring process.
- In the Requisition view, scroll down to the "Candidates" tab.
- Select the appropriate disposition for each candidate from the "Activity Type" drop down menu.
- Select the candidates you wish to interview and update their status.
Make the Offer
Classified & Prostaff
Need help with UWHIRES? Call or email our help desk at 206-543-2544.