Employee Recognition Survey
(Adapted from the University of Iowa)
People are individuals. How one person would like to be recognized for their efforts may be different from their co-worker. Our unit would like to know how you would like to be recognized and what you are willing to do to make our workplace a more supportive environment. Please remember that financial rewards are not a possibility at this time. All responses will be shared only with your immediate supervisor.
I prefer to be recognized by (check all that are true):
- Public praise
- Praise given privately in person
- Note of thanks
- Letter of commendation for personnel file, copy to unit/department head
- Email message to unit
- Personal email
- Mention in departmental newsletter or on website
- A small personalized gift, e.g., coffee mug, plaque, certificate
- Food items
- Opportunity to attend training of choice
- Opportunity to participate on committees and task forces
- Opportunity to work on teams or with others
- Lunch with supervisor
- Nomination for unit awards for process improvement, customer service, safety or cost-saving ideas
- Nomination for campus awards
- Other, please describe: ____________________________________________.
- I would be glad to participate in a recognition program that helps me recognize my co-workers' efforts.
- I am willing to serve on a unit committee to develop and maintain recognition in our workplace.
Please give 2-3 other ways to show general appreciation to all staff in our unit: