Becoming a Parent
Resources for Prospective & New Parents
- Review UW web pages describing childcare options and resources.
- UW CareLink
- UW CareLink is the University’s faculty and staff assistance program. It provides in-person assessment and short-term confidential counseling for issues that cause concern, including relationships, family and parenting, finances, etc. This free, confidential service provides up to five sessions/issue.
- Payroll Deductions
- Review your automatic payroll deductions such as Combined Fund Drive, Husky Card Account, UPASS or parking, VIP, etc., to determine whether to continue them during your time away from work. You can review payroll deductions online in Employee Self-Service (ESS).
- Lactation Stations
- If you are a breast-feeding mother and attending school or working at the UW, you'll be glad to know about the many on-site lactation stations.
- Flexible work arrangements can help you balance work and personal commitments, while meeting business needs and objectives.
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
- The Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) allows you to take a deduction from your pay for your eligible dependent care expenses before taxes are calculated.
- Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET)
- This state tuition program allows parents, grandparents, and others to prepay college tuition and mandatory fees.
Additional Information and Assistance