Layoff Support Resources
You may be eligible for unemployment compensation as a result of layoff. The Washington State Employment Security Department makes the determination based on your past earnings, employment status, and availability for work. Visit their online calculator to estimate how much compensation you are eligible for.
You can apply for benefits at the Employment Security Department online, by phone, or in-person on your last day of employment.
- www.esd.wa.gov (24 hours a day)
- 1-800-318-6022 (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- TTY 1-800-365-8969 (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Interpreter services are available free-of-charge, call 1-800-318-6022
Tip: You will need the following information ready when applying for unemployment:
- social security number, or alien registration number if you are not a U.S. citizen;
- name and address of your last employer (use the Payroll Office address for quickest processing: (Payroll Office, University of Washington, Box 359555, Seattle, WA 98195) and final date of employment;
- names, addresses and dates worked of all your other employers during the last two years;
- name and local number of your union (if applicable);
- if you were in the military during the last two years, your DD214, any member copy, 2 through 8.