As you are likely aware, the University will be embarking on a project to replace its HR and Payroll systems with a modern and integrated HR/Payroll system. With this exciting change on the horizon, resources to support existing systems have been reprioritized. In assessing support of the Online Work/Leave System (OWLS), we have decided to bid farewell to the quarterly OWLS newsletter.
Since its inception 7 years ago, it has served as the primary vehicle for alerting you to changes in the application and providing user tips and updates about leave-related deadlines. Moving forward, communication about OWLS will be sent via email on an as-necessary basis. All other information about OWLS transactions will continue to be available in the online OWLS User Guide.
Thank you for reading, and for being great stewards of employee leave management in OWLS!
Mark Your Calendars!
Over the years, the OWLS newsletter has provided you with many alerts and reminders, which we hope have been of help. Here is a list of the general deadlines which we encourage you to mark on your calendars:
- January 31 - Deadline for returning the UW Request for Payment of Unused Year End Sick Leave form to Payroll, Box 359555. (Annual Attendance Incentive Program)
- June 30 - Deadline for:
- Campus classified staff compensatory time and holiday credit use or payment
- September 30 - Deadline for HMC and UWMC classified staff holiday credit use or payment
- December 31 - Deadline for:
- Personal holiday use. If it is not used, it is lost.
- Overtime-eligible professional staff compensatory time use or payment
- Discretionary leave use for professional staff
Check for classified staff employees who have more than 240 hours of annual leave. Annual leave hours in excess of 240 must be used by the employee's anniversary date or they are forfeited.
Your OWLS Support Team
(Marisa Graudins & Jean Swarm)