Your role at UW includes managing programs and associated staff and resources. This may involve supervising staff who work independently, managing program budgets, ensuring smooth business operations, and helping to set long-term goals and direction. You also may be responsible for supervisory duties such as addressing performance problems, conducting annual performance reviews, and hiring, training, and coaching staff.
POD offers a number of programs, services, and resources to aid you in your role as a manager -- or to help you prepare for the role of a manager.
- Strategic Leadership Program (SLP) - Level 2: In this series of half-day workshops designed for UW managers, directors, and other executives, leaders use their organizational initiatives and work challenges to further their leadership development and advance the agility of themselves, their organizations, and others.
- Assessments: POD offers UW ARC 360, a feedback and development program based on competencies created by POD for mid-level mangers, front-line supervisors, and individual contributors at the UW, as well as various assessments to help you and your team explore your communication and work styles.
- University Consulting Alliance: Alliance consultants provide services and expertise for every facet, and every level, of your organization, whether your focus is on your own development or that of your employees.
- Professional Coaching: Through one-on-one sessions with an experienced coach, Professional Coaching can maximize your success and development, or that of an individual on your team.
- The Leading Edge: This electronic newsletter offers interviews with UW leaders, as well as expert advice, pertinent news and updates, and articles on leadership skills, workplace trends, and resources for UW mangers, supervisors, directors, and executives.
Learn about POD's professional development offerings.
Other programs, services, and resources for leadership development at the University include the following: