for Directors & Other Executives
Your role at UW includes leading organizations or teams, business direction, and strategy. Your work may involve overseeing a number of employees, including key personnel, front-line supervisors, and mid-level managers. You may also be responsible for setting the tone, direction, and long-term strategy for your organization and the people within it, and for representing your organization’s interests within the higher levels of the University.
POD offers a number of programs, services, and resources to aid you in -- or help you prepare for -- your role as a director or other senior executive.
- Strategic Leadership Program (SLP) - Level 2: In this series of half-day workshops designed for UW managers, directors, and other executives, leaders use their organizational initiatives and work challenges to further their leadership development and advance the agility of themselves, their organizations, and others.
- Assessments: POD offers a variety of assessments to help you and your team members develop awareness, improve communications and relationships, and advance career aspirations and organizational goals, including Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and UW ARC 360, which offers assessments for mid-level managers, front-line supervisors, and individual contributors at the UW.
- University Consulting Alliance: Alliance consultants provide services and expertise for every facet, and every level, of your organization, whether your focus is on your own development or that of your employees.
- Professional Coaching: Through one-on-one sessions with an experienced coach, Professional Coaching can maximize your success and development, or that of an individual on your team.
- The Leading Edge: This electronic newsletter offers interviews with UW leaders, as well as expert advice, pertinent news and updates, and articles on leadership skills, workplace trends, and resources for UW mangers, supervisors, directors, and executives.
Learn about POD's professional development offerings.
Other programs, services, and resources for leadership development at the University include the following: