Teamsters 117 Contract (Effective 7/1/11 - 6/30/13)
Article 23 Tuition Exemption
23.1 Employees may participate in the University's tuition exemption program as authorized by RCW 28B.15.558 and in accordance with guidelines approved by the Board of Regents. The following guidelines are applicable at the time of executing this Agreement; however, changes to the program may occur as a result of legislative action or guideline modifications made by the Board of Regents.
- Employees must be regular monthly .5 FTE or more for six (6) or more consecutive months.
- The employee must be admitted as a student to the University.
- The employee must pay a fee for each quarter enrolled when taking courses.
- No more than six (6) credits will be eligible for tuition exemption during the quarter in which the exemption is granted.
- Participants are not eligible for student benefits.
- Employees must secure approval of their supervisor for release time to attend course sessions, or make appropriate arrangements with their supervisor to reschedule work hours to accommodate course schedules.
23.2 Understanding the essential nature of emergency services and subject to operational needs and management discretion, supervisors will make a good faith effort to allow the use of flex time for employees who wish to take a class during their scheduled shift.