Teamsters 117 Contract (Effective 7/1/13 - 6/30/15)
Article 11 - Holidays
11.1 Designated Holidays.
The present holiday schedule includes the following days with pay:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday (Third Monday of January)
- Presidents' Day - Third Monday of February
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- One (1) Personal Holiday
11.2 Work on Holidays.
- Classified employees working twelve-month schedules or cyclic year position employees who work full monthly schedules throughout their work year shall receive the number of holidays for which they qualify during their scheduled work year as set forth in this Section. Qualification is determined by being in pay status on the workday preceding the holiday(s).
- Cyclic year position employees scheduled to work less than full monthly schedules throughout their work year qualify for holiday compensation if they work or are in pay status on their last regularly scheduled working day preceding the holiday(s) in that month.
- Part-time classified employees shall be entitled to the number of paid hours on a holiday that their monthly schedule bears to a full time schedule.
- Full-time alternate work schedule employees shall receive eight (8) hours of regular holiday pay per holiday. Any differences between the scheduled shift for the day and eight hours may be adjusted by use of vacation leave, use or accumulation of compensatory time as appropriate, or leave without pay.
- When a holiday falls on an employee's regularly scheduled day off, he/she shall receive a day of compensatory time off.
Holiday time worked shall be compensated as follows:
- When full-time employees work on a designated holiday, they shall receive their regular eight (8) hours of pay plus premium pay at time and one-half for all hours worked on such holiday. Compensatory time off may be granted by the institution in lieu of monetary payment.
- When classified employees working less than a full-time schedule work on a designated holiday, they shall receive their regular holiday pay on the same pro rata basis that their monthly schedule bears to a full-time schedule, plus premium pay at time and one-half for all hours worked on such holiday. Compensatory time off may be granted by the institution in lieu of monetary payment.
- The Employer will not adjust any employee's regularly scheduled holiday work hours without thirty (30) days written notice.