Skip navigation - Jump to main content
UWHR to launch new website at end of July! Learn more about the upcoming launch.

UW - Teamsters Local Union No. 117 Contract

Effective 7/1/15 - 6/30/17

Article 7 - Union Business Activities Leave

7.1 Employees who desire to attend Union business functions or programs shall request leave at least fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the planned absence. The Chief, or designee, shall determine if the leave will be approved. If approved, the leave will either be accrued and unused annual leave time, unused compensatory time, or leave without pay.

7.2 Union Shop Stewards shall be allowed a total of thirty-two (32) working hours per year without loss of pay to participate in Union training seminars. Upon request, additional time off may be granted. Said time off must be approved in advance by the Chief of Police or designee and will be contingent upon the department's ability to provide proper work coverage during the requested time off.

7.3 The Employer agrees to release Shop Stewards for the Union's annual Shop Steward Seminar, without a loss of pay. The Seminar will be conducted on a single day in March of each year, unless mutually agreed otherwise. The Union will give thirty (30) calendar days advance notice of the Shop Steward Seminar. Time spent attending the Shop Steward Seminar will be credited against the thirty-two (32) hours referenced in 7.2.

7.4 Employees may, at the discretion of the Chief of Police, be granted leave without pay to participate in employment with the Union on projects or activities of a specified duration, upon request of the Secretary-Treasurer or designee to the Police Chief. The request will be submitted in writing at least) thirty (30) calendar days in advance and cite the duration of the assignment. No more than one (1) employee will be released at any given time. At the beginning of the project or activity, upon request by the Employer, the employee will surrender all employer-issued items to the Department. Any employee participating in such employment with the Union must submit a Request for Approval of Outside Professional Work for Compensation form in advance of such employment consistent with Administrative Policy Statement (APS) 47.3.

Current Contract

Previous Contracts