SEIU 925 Contract (Effective 7/1/13 - 6/30/15)
Article 29 - Contract Distribution
Neither party will be bound by typographical errors, grammatical errors, or other instances of unintended error in this contract. Furthermore, the parties agree that any unintended changes to the contract language as a result of contract consolidation will not create new legal rights or responsibilities outside of the parties' specific intent. The parties reserve the right to correct any such mistakes or omissions by mutual agreement at any point during the life of the contract in order to preserve the original intent of the language.
29.1 Contract Distribution Prior to posting on the Labor Relations website, the University will submit to the Union the electronic version of the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Washington and the SEIU Local 925.
- Each department or unit will maintain a paper copy of the contract accessible to all union members regardless of shift.
- The Employer shall allow distribution through campus mail as needed.
29.3 New Employees.
- The Employer shall provide to the Union, at least monthly, a list of new employees in the bargaining units, including the employee's name, begin date, classification, department, and mail stop.
- Upon request from the employee, the Employer will distribute to each new employee in the bargaining units a copy of the dues deduction card.
- A bargaining unit member designated by the Union shall be granted paid release time to attend new employee orientation and/or new employee coffee hours scheduled by the University. Such release time will be subject to the operational needs of the department.