UW/SEIU 1199 Contract (Effective 7/1/13 - 6/30/15)
Article 11 Tuition Exemption Program
This collective bargaining agreement has been ratified by the UW and SEIU 1199, and now awaits final signatures from both parties. Meanwhile, the online contract has been updated in an effort to reflect the comprehensive agreement reached for the 2013-2015 contract term.
Eligible full-time employees may participate in the University's tuition exemption program as authorized by RCW 28B-15.535, and in accordance with the following participation guidelines approved by the Board of Regents:
- The employee must be a regular monthly .5 FTE or more employee for six or more consecutive months.
- The employee must be admitted as a student to the University.
- The employee must pay a fee for each quarter enrolled when taking courses.
- No more than six credits will be eligible for tuition exemption during the quarter in which the waiver is granted.
- Participants are not eligible for student benefits.
- Each employee must secure approval of the supervisor for release time to attend the course sessions, or make appropriate arrangements with the supervisor to reschedule the employee’s work hours to accommodate the course schedule.