Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
for School of Medicine Physician Assistants
Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance provides you with income if you meet the following criteria:
- Within the first 60 months - You are receiving care from a physician,
and are unable to regularly attend school and maintain student
status in good standing.
- After the first 60 months from diagnosis - You are receiving care
from a physician, and are unable to regularly attend school and maintain
student status in good standing, and you are unable to do any work for
pay or profit, for which you are reasonably able because of education,
training or experience, and where you would be expected to earn over
$3,000 per month.
- Seropositive HIV - Paid as a Total Disability Claim.
- AIDS Diagnosis - Paid as a Total & Permanent Disability Claim.
- Global Emergency Services program through Assist America. This feature provides an array of services when traveling 100 miles or more from your home, school or residence. It offers services such as medical repatriation and emergency medical evacuation.
Student enrolled in the MEDEX Northwest Physician Assistant Program
at the University of Washington are eligible for this benefit.
- Monthly Benefit – If you are found to be totally disabled
you would receive $1,100 per month during all years of Physician
Assistant School. If you are found to be totally and permanently
disabled you would receive $1,100 monthly during all years of Physician
Assistant School, plus a one-time lump sum payment of $5,000.
- Benefit Offsets - If you are found to be totally disabled, or totally
and permanently disabled, any pay or other compensation in excess of
$3,000 to which you are entitled from any employer is deducted from the
- Loan Payoff Benefit - Repayment of up to $200,000 of eligible debt.
The premium is $88.43 per year which must be paid in full upon application,
and paid in full annually thereafter.
Coverage will be effective from July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012.
- You must apply within the first 31 days of starting school and
you do not need to provide evidence of good health. Enroll by completing
Assistants LTD Enrollment Form.
- Mail completed form to:
Professional Benefit Consultants, Inc.
7225 SE 24th Street, Suite 350
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Checks should be made payable to: Standard Insurance MPA Program.
File a Claim
Standard Insurance must receive written notice of a claim before the end of the 90-day elimination period. For assistance in filing a claim, contact Parker, Smith & Feek at 425-709-3600 and ask for the Benefits Department.
The information provided above is only a summary of benefits and coverage.
The master policy supersedes any discrepancies in summary and determines
actual coverage. Upon registration confirmation, please read your
policy for a complete description of benefits and coverage.
for SOM Physician Assistants