Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
for School of Dentistry Students
Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance provides you with income if you meet the following criteria:
- Within the first 60 months of diagnosis – You are receiving
care from a physician, and are unable to regularly attend school
and maintain student status in good standing.
- After the first 60 months from diagnosis - You are receiving care from
a physician, and are unable to regularly attend school and maintain student
status in good standing, and you are unable to do any work for pay or
profit, for which you are reasonably able because of education, training
or experience, and where you would be expected to earn over $3,000 per
- Seropositive for HIV - Paid as a Total Disability.
- AIDS Diagnosis - Paid as a Total and Permanent Disability Claim.
- Global Emergency Services program through Assist America. This feature provides an array of services when traveling 100 miles or more from your home, school or residence. It offers services such as medical repatriation and emergency medical evacuation.
Students enrolled in the School of Dentistry at the University of Washington are eligible for this benefit.
- Monthly Benefit – If you are found to be totally disabled
you would receive $1,000 per month during all years of Dental School.
If you are found totally and permanently disabled you would receive
$1,000 monthly during all years of Dental School, plus a one-time
lump sum payment of $5,000.
- Benefit Offsets – If you are found to be totally disabled, or
totally and permanently disabled, any pay or other compensation in excess
of $3,000 to which you are entitled from any employer is deducted from
the benefit payment.
- Loan Payoff Benefit - Repayment of up to $200,000 of eligible debt.
The premium is $79.80 per year which must be paid in full upon application, and paid in full annually thereafter.
Coverage will be effective October 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012.
- You must apply within the first 31 days of starting school and you
do not need to provide evidence of good health. Enroll by completing the School
of Dentistry Dental Student LTD Enrollment Form.
- Mail completed enrollment form to:
Professional Benefit Consultant,
7525 SE 24th Street, Suite 350
Mercer Island, WA 98040
be made payable to: Standard Insurance MPA Program.
File a Claim
Standard Insurance must receive written notice of a claim before the
end of the 90-day elimination period. For assistance in filing a claim,
contact Parker, Smith & Feek at 425-709-3600 and ask for the Benefits
The information provided above is only a summary of benefits and coverage.
The master policy supersedes any discrepancies in summary and determines
actual coverage. Upon registration confirmation, please read your
policy for a complete description of benefits and coverage.
for Dental Students