Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
for School of Dentistry Students
Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance provides you with income if you meet the following criteria:
- Within the first 60 months of diagnosis – You are receiving care from a physician, and are unable to regularly attend school and maintain Student status in good standing.
- After the first 60 months from diagnosis – You are receiving care from a physician, and are unable to regularly attend school and maintain Student status in good standing, and you are unable to do any work for pay or profit, for which you are reasonably able because of education, training or experience.
- Seropositive for HIV – Paid as a Total Disability.
- AIDS Diagnosis – Paid as a Total and Permanent Disability Claim.
- Global Emergency Travel Services program through Assist America. This feature provides an array of services when traveling 100 miles or more from your home, school or residence. It offers services such as medical repatriation and emergency medical evacuation.
Full-time students enrolled in the School of Dentistry at the University of Washington are eligible for this coverage.
- Monthly Benefit – If you are found to be totally disabled you would receive $1,000 per month during all years of Dental School. If you are found to be totally and permanently disabled you would receive $1,000 monthly during all years of Dental school; plus a one-time lump sum payment of $5,000 after 12-months of total and permanent disability.
- Benefit Offsets – If you are found to be totally disabled, or totally and permanently disabled, any pay or other compensation in excess of $3,000 to which you are entitled from any employer is deducted from the benefit payment.
- Loan Payoff Benefit – Repayment of up to $200,000 of eligible debt.
The premium is $84.00 for the 2015-2016 year, and must be paid in full upon application, and paid in full annually thereafter.
Coverage will be effective October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016.
- You must apply within the first 31 days* of starting school to obtain coverage without having to provide evidence of good health. Enroll by completing the School of Dentistry Dental Student LTD Enrollment Form.
- Mail completed enrollment form to:
Professional Benefit Consultant, Inc.
7525 SE 24th Street, Suite 350
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Checks should be made payable to: Standard Insurance MPA Program
*If you miss your application date and wish to apply for coverage after the first 31 days of starting school, you will be required to complete a Medical History Statement authorizing Standard Insurance Company to obtain information about your health, and may also be required to undergo a physical examination in order to determine evidence of good health. Please print a copy of your Medical History Statement. Mail your enrollment form, medical history form and annual premium payment to the address above. If approved, your coverage becomes effective on the date the insurance is approved.
For assistance with enrolling in the LTD program, please contact Parker, Smith & Feek at 425-709-3600 and ask for the Benefits Department.
File a Claim
Standard Insurance must receive written notice of a claim before the end of the 90-day elimination period. For assistance in filing a claim, contact Parker, Smith & Feek at 425-709-3600 and ask for the Benefits Department.
Long-Term Disability Documents
To view the Certificate of Coverage, go to www.medplusadvantage.com and enter ID number 644228.
LTD Plan Brochure
LTD Plan Summary & Comparison Chart
Assist America Global Emergency Services Brochure
The information provided above is only a summary of benefits and coverage.
The master policy supersedes any discrepancies in summary and determines
actual coverage. Upon registration confirmation, please read your
policy for a complete description of benefits and coverage.