Skip navigation - Jump to main content
UWHR to launch new website at end of July! Learn more about the upcoming launch.

Medical/Dental Insurance
for Faculty, Staff & Librarians — Verify Your Current Coverage

With or Without Your UWNetID

UW Employee Self-Service (Using your UWNetID)

ESS is a confidential site for viewing your personal, financial and benefits information as an employee of the University of Washington. At this site you can view your current benefits package, including medical, dental life, long term disability, and retirement benefits.

  1. Go to
  2. Log in to this site using your UW NetID and password.
  3. Update your home and campus address information. The Public Employees' Benefits Board (PEBB)/Health Care Authority open enrollment information will be sent to the home address listed in ESS.
  4. Please note your Employee ID number for future reference.
  5. Log out and exit your browser when done.

PEBB Online Inquiry and Enrollment (Without your UWNetID)

Public Employee Benefits Board, via the state’s Health Care Authority, offers online open enrollment medical/dental plan changes. At this site you can view your current medical and dental plan enrollment, as well as any dependents enrolled on your medical and/or dental plan. This link is inquiry-only until the first day of the annual medical/dental open enrollment each fall. During open enrollment, UW employees can use the PEBB site to make changes to a plan or provider.

  1. Go to
  2. Select "Educational Employee/Retiree."
  3. Enter your subscriber name, birth date, and last four digits of your Social Security number.

Your current medical and dental coverage and dependent enrollment, if any, is displayed.

Disclaimer: The information on this page does not substitute for official plan documents. If there is a conflict between the information on this site and an official plan document, the official plan document will govern. Refer to the Benefits Forms & Publications page.

Plan availability and eligibility may change depending on your employment status and/or actions of the Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA), the agency that purchases and coordinates health insurance benefits for public employees, including employees of the University of Washington, through the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) program.

Medical & Dental
Insurance Topics